Friday, December 18, 2009

New Website Finished!

Hi everyone!

You may have noticed a few changes around the blog lately, and if you've ventured over to Belletristics' website the last few days you may have gotten a sneak peek at the new site design!

I'm happy to announce that the new site is finally finished and open for business once again!
I made quite a few changes to not only the layout, but to the designs offered and the design process as well. I'll let you check out the new layout yourself, but I want to go over some of the major changes here.

1. Revisions
Ready-made designs (previously known as "stock" designs) now come with a total of 3 proofs. Your first proof will consist of the design(s) ordered personalized with your colors and information and you'll receive two free revisions. Additional revisions are available at $5 each.
All custom design orders will still come with a total of 5 proofs (first proof + 4 revisions).

2. Custom Pricing
Custom pricing is no longer posted on the website. Since the custom designs I create are each unique in their individual needs, the one-size-fits all pricing I previously used just wasn't working anymore. From now on, you can request a custom price quote for your design (there are separate order forms for monograms, save the dates, and invitation and accessory designs) and I'll reply back with a price quote based on the needs of your design.

3. Colors
Colors can be so hard to judge on a computer screen! And on a computer monitor, they often look nothing like they will when printed. With this in mind, I've added a printable color chart to all my order forms and etsy listings. This way, you can easily print out the chart and see what the colors will look like when printed with your printer and paper and choose the color closest to what you're looking for, and we can make adjustments from there.
Or, if you know the PMS number, hex code, or RGB code, let me know, and I'll be happy to use those color.

4. Sample Downloads
Worried you won't know what to do with your design when you receive the final file or not sure exactly what a wrap around address label is? I've added a design directory section to my website with sample downloads for all the different types of designs I offer. I've also included some instructions on what to do with your file once you receive it.
This way you can try before you buy and know exactly how to use the file you'll receive!

5. New Ready-Made Designs: browse by type or suite
I've added a new way to browse my ready-made designs: you can now shop by the design type (i.e. monogram, address label, favor tag) or view entire design suites (all coordinating designs together in PDF fomat).
Right now, there are 9 different suites to choose from (I'll be adding more designs over the next few months): Adore, Bliss, Cheers, Dearest, Grace, Harmony, Infatuation, Truly, and Whimsy.
Most of these suites also have coordinating seating chart designs and you can find matching postage designs in my zazzle shop.

And I think that covers the big changes to my website!

I've also updated my etsy shop to include the new designs available, so make sure to check out the changes there as well!

As always, if you have questions about anything, feel free to email me at belletristics {at} gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to leave your comments!

-Sarah