Friday, October 5, 2012

Real Weddings: Emily and Matthew

Emily and Matthew were married earlier this year at the Historic Rock Castle in Tennessee. I worked with them on a variety of stationery designs, from wedding invitations to programs, and Emily shared with me a few photos from their big day.
All photos © Melissa Morgan Photography 

From the bride:
The charm bracelet has pictures of all 4 of my grandparents and my great-grandmother.  I lost my last grandmother about a year ago, so it was my way of having all of them there for the wedding. 
 My husband and I also decided to just have our siblings as our attendants, but I wanted to also include all of my best girlfriends.  So I asked if I could borrow (my 'something borrowed') a pin that represented them to attach to my bouquet.  Most of the pins were their sorority pins. 
 
 A long time ago, one of my grandmothers made a crochet piece of our wedding venue (Historic Rock Castle) and gave it to my mom. So we displayed that at the wedding. My other grandmother also give us the embroidered pillow as a wedding gift before she passed away. And my dad had the custom cutting board made out of a huge tree that they had to cut down in their yard.


The couple's wedding DIY's didn't stop with the invitations and programs. They also works on a variety of other projects, like homemade jam favors with this fun chalkboard sign.


 Emily, thank you so much for sharing these photos and all the details that went into your wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to leave your comments!

-Sarah